After extended negotiations with the department, PPA members at ACT Health have secured clear commitments from the health minister to address their long-held concerns.
“Often pharmacists did not feel listened to, but now thanks to PPA members standing together, we are confident we can properly address the issues they have struggled with,” said Professionals Australia ACT Branch Director, Dale Beasley.
Thanks to the strength shown by members and the willingness to take protected action, pharmacists are now on track to address long standing issues for the good of their health and ultimately their patients. ACT Health have committed to:
- A new pharmacist classification structure, including new broadbands. PPA and ACT Health to continue to review and consult on its introduction and implementation over the coming months.
- A new salary structure which incorporates the old ARIn bonus that have been paid to most classifications into base salary. This replaces the old system where ARIns were not a secure or ongoing payment and were granted (or removed) at managements prerogative.
- The one classification level that hasn’t historically had ARIn bonuses granted will now be able to receive them.
- Additional annual wage increased, same as prescribed for other ACT Health professionals
- A new dedicated consultative forum to be established between Pharmacists and management to work on continuous improvement to issues with workload, employee churn etc. Pharmacists now have a voice to Health management and the minister that’s being listened to.
“We’ve got the right package of conditions now, together with improved leadership from ACT Health and the Minister, who are action on pharmacists concerns,” said Mr Beasley.
This way, we can fight for your rights. Join your union, together we cannot be ignored!JOIN