Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are on track to striking a new enterprise agreement at Epic Pharmacy after a successful NO vote on management’s previous offer.
Members fought every step of the way, including partial work bans to prevent workers going on individual contracts that met the conditions of the Pharmacy Award 2010.
In negotiating for a new EBA, EPIC members have ensured their pay and conditions exceed the Award and have reached an in-principle agreement where:
- All staff to receive a 2.25% wage increase applied equally to Epic and former UCH
- All staff to receive back pay to July 1st, 2018
- All staff to receive 3 hours on-call instead of 2 hours
- All staff to receive TOIL or overtime where an 8-hour work break between shifts is not achieved
- New workload clause to ensure safe workloads and the ability to report and resolve local workload issues
- Former UCH staff will have their wages, qualifications allowance, salary maintenance allowance, and current long service leave accruals protected
- All staff to have access to paid parental leave and domestic violence leave
- All staff to receive a 6.75% pay increase over the life of the agreement.
Final negotiations are underway to sign off on the proposed offer with a final vote to go to all staff. PPA delegates will be supporting a YES vote. Once the EBA is voted up, the new agreement will be taken to the Fair Work Commission for approval before the end of the financial year.
Our members pursuit of an EBA proves that solidarity is vital to fighting for a better wage and conditions. If you think an EBA might be useful in your workplace, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get the support of our expert organisers to advise you on the initial steps of the process.
We would like to thank everyone who signed the petition or donated to the solidarity fund. Your support played a key part in maintaining the momentum at Epic Pharmacy whilst our members took protected action.
Finally, we congratulate the delegates and members at Epic Pharmacy. Without their the time and effort, this new agreement would not be possible.