PPA is a not-for-profit organisation run by employee pharmacists, for employee pharmacists.
INSURANCE FOR PHARMACISTS
included with membership from $17 per month
Membership with Professional Pharmacists Australia includes Professional Indemnity Insurance underwritten by one of Australia’s biggest insurers, CGU, that meets AHPRA requirements for employee pharmacists.
Under our policy, which provides 24/7 support and no excess, PPA members are protected from the cost of a claim made against you.
PPA Membership Options
- Information updates from PPA, PI insurance backed by CGU that you can depend on.
Access to webinars + seminars
Support a 30% pay rise claim
- Insurance plus workplace advice and support.
Continuing Professional Development
Access to legal advice
- The complete package: individual support, insurance, collective bargaining and CPD.
Legal representation when needed
The information provided on this website is appropriate only for persons living within Australia. This website, and the materials and information found on this website, only contain general information about PPA, and we encourage you to read all the relevant policies to ensure PPA membership and insurance coverage is right for your circumstances. New membership options available to new members only. If you would like advice on the appropriateness of this insurance policy for your individual circumstances do not hesitate to contact Professionals Australia Insurance Brokers (AFSL 244436) on 1800 800 998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our safety net policy provides members with:
We provide cover that is appropriate to the level of risk for the full scope of treatments and practices you are registered and qualified to perform as a professional employee pharmacist.
Our insurance meets the requirements for registered pharmacists under the national registration standards of the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA). Everything in the scope of pharmacy as regulated by the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) including vaccinations and medicine reviews are covered.
We provide run-off cover that protects you even after you retire. Retroactive protection is also included for unknown events prior to becoming a Professional Pharmacists Australia member and there is limited overseas cover for working holidays too.
- Members are covered for the full scope of practice you are registered and qualified to perform as an employee pharmacist (in private and public settings) under AHPRA standards – including administering immunisations, and medicine reviews.
- The policy will not cover dishonest criminal acts or known circumstances of existing claims against members.
As a safety net policy there are restrictions on eligibility and coverage. To ensure you are covered you need to:
- Keep your membership fees and your work and contact details up to date.
- Disclose any relevant information and immediately report any circumstances that may lead to a potential claim.